Sacramento International Folk Dance
and Arts Council
Dance Camp Scholarship Procedure
APPLICATIONS will be available from club
representatives, council members, and
scholarship committee members or here.
RETURN DEADLINE – May 15 – no applications
accepted after that date
CANDIDATE SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
- The scholarship committee shall review all
- A council scholarship recipient may apply to
receive another scholarship after 5 years. First time
applications will be given priority.
- Candidates must be dues paying Council
Associate Members dancing with a Council club for at least 1
year immediately prior to application. This requirement will be
waived for student applicant*.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years old or
submit written permission from parent or guardian releasing
Council from any responsibility or liability.
- A letter of recommendation is
required. Please submit with application.
- Student applicant letter must be from a
- A personal interview may be requested at
discretion of the committee.
- Council scholarships are limited to 2 per
- The amount of each scholarship is limited to
1 week tuition – does not include room and board.
- Registration for Stockton Folk Dance Camp is
the responsibility of the recipient.
- Council Treasurer will forward the award
amount to the Scholarship Chair Person at Stockton Folk Dance
*Student application = full-time high
school or college student under 23 years of age
SIFDAC scholarship app StocktonFDC 2012